Brad Fishkin writes:
In December of 2018, Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai, was asked a set of questions by the United States Congress. His responses left… a lot… to be desired.
According to Jumpshot*, in Q1 2019 Google’s US web search engine:
- Received 150+ Billion searches
- Solved 48.96% of those searches without a click
- Sent 7.2% of all search clicks to paid results
- Sent 6.01% of all searches (~12% of search clicks) to websites owned by Alphabet, Google’s parent company
- Directed a click to non-Alphabet-owned websites (aka, the rest of the web) after 45.03% queries