The Amazon Music Search team is responsible for the development and operation of a set of services that perform federated search across multiple sources of first and second party data. We collaborate closely with the various Amazon Music client teams to continuously improve the search experience across all devices.
You will and your team will be responsible for improving music search precision and recall across both text and voice applications. You will work closely with Search Product Management to set the goals and roadmap for your team. You will mentor and develop your team and work with them to achieve their career goals.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 2+ years people management experience
· 3+ years Java services development experience
· Experience with back-end distributed systems
· Knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology
· Experience in managing teams responsible for search relevance and ranking
· Good understanding of ranking algorithms and related engineering systems
· Deep experience in query understanding, search suggestion algorithms and systems
· Experience scaling up applied science and data teams
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in service oriented architecture, preferably in search technologies
· Extraordinary customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts with optimal solution
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.