We are looking for smart and passionate people to join our browse taxonomy team. This person will help build a world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive navigation structure to optimize product discovery when searching and browsing on our site. As a browse developer you will have the opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on improving the customer experience and making it easy and fun to shop for products on Amazon.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Develop browse structures to organize our extensive product selection for customers
· Expand and refine data retrieval techniques to utilize our extensive product catalog and make sure products end up in the right place for our customers
· Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of merchandisers, engineers, designers, and other groups
· Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our taxonomy navigation structures
· Master’s degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent professional experience
· Proven skills in data retrieval techniques
· Experience in taxonomy development
· Technically strong
· Passionate about website usability with great instincts for improving customer shopping experience
· Ability to quickly understand complex processes and communicate them in simple language
· Detail-oriented, decisive, self-motivated and calm under pressure.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent English language skills
· Fluent in Unix-based systems, programming skills a plus
· Experience in E-Commerce
· Experience working on both local and global taxonomies
· Fluent in multiple languages
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.