he Bing Search & AI team needs strong PMs to lead a team of engineers and researchers to apply the cutting edge of artificial intelligence and deep learning technologies to solve some challenging business problems for Bing and Microsoft. Specifically, the Core Relevance team takes state of the art research in query understanding, query rewriting, and ranking to deliver the best results for customer searches in Bing, Office, and across Microsoft.
About the Team
The Search and AI team is a diverse and inclusive team inside AI and Research looking for great PM candidates to help us realize our vision of Intelligent Search! We believe great products are built by healthy teams of diverse, customer obsessed individuals that trust each other. We collaborate across the company to find the greatest breakthroughs to the rest of Microsoft to infuse AI into as many products as possible.
If you are passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AI Experimentation and Cloud Platforms, this is the team you’re looking for! Here are some videos of work our team does:
Fast, relevant search has transformed the way knowledge workers operate, providing immediate access to a wealth of public knowledge. We are taking proven capabilities from Bing for result ranking and question-answering and applying them to enterprise, intranet, and private knowledge repositories, building the AI-powered search in Microsoft Search.
In this role you will connect customer scenarios with deep technical understanding, relying on metrics and experimentation to take the AI-powered search capability to market. This is an opportunity to build and ship a v1 product feature in Microsoft Search while drawing on the years of investment and resources in Bing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand current user needs by doing opportunity analysis in the problem domain
- Define goals and metrics for a success solution by thinking deeply through the scenarios
- Develop a strategy and differentiated value proposition for the area
- Formulate release criteria for an MVP and drive a team of engineers and scientists to build, measure, learn and iterate towards a successful solution
- Leverage your superb interpersonal skills to collaborate and execute with a diverse team
- Establish external customer relationships, drive an early adoption program, and build and maintain customer partnerships.
- Guide MSR towards solving the future long-term AI problems we will face
- Continuously read the latest AI and deep learning papers from the hottest conferences (NIPS, ICLR, ICML ACL, EMNLP) and use ideas from them to inspire and direct the team
- Prototype and play with deep learning and AI toolkits like TensorFlow, CNTK, and TLC/AzureML
We are seeking gifted Program Managers who drive for results, are self-motivating, and have a propensity for action. Search and AI PMs should fluently cross the language barriers of technologies and customers. We work with a very diverse team across many borders and boundaries so great interpersonal skills is a must.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Great organizational, analytical, data science skills and intuition
- Coursework and demonstrated proficiency in AI/Machine Learning (TensorFlow, PyTorch, et. al.)
- Customer empathy with incredible interpersonal, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Creative problem solver, strong collaboration skills, desire to lead
- Strong business and strategic sense to maximize product market fit
- Excellent academic track record
- MBA or advanced technical degree such as MS or PhD
- Product leadership experience driving engineers and scientists with PhDs
- Demonstrated ability to work with external customers at different levels in an organization
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and / or Computer Vision
- Hands on experience in working with cloud, big data, machine learning, data science, and large-scale distributed systems
- A start up mentality to move and iterate quickly and aren’t afraid to cross responsibility expectations by coding or designing mockups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.