Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 64 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,500 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
At Coursera, our Data Science team is helping to build the future of education through data-powered products and data-driven decisions. In Machine Learning, we define, develop, and launch the models and algorithms that power content discovery, personalized learning, and machine-assisted teaching and grading. In Decision Science, we drive product and business strategy through measurement, experimentation, and causal inference. We believe the next generation of teaching and learning should be personalized, accessible, and efficient. With our scale, data, technology, and talent, Coursera and its Data Science team are positioned to make that vision a reality.
We are looking for a creative and collaborative Data Scientist with strong experience in cloud services. In this role, you will own Coursera’s search experience while helping scale Coursera’s ML systems. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong statistical and computational skillset, is collaborative and impact-driven, and shares our passion for education.
- Ideate, prototype, and productionize ML solutions to improve Coursera’s search engine and discovery experience
- Design, deploy and scale end-to-end machine learning / deep learning pipelines and models with AWS cloud services
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to identify and articulate opportunities, build efficient and scalable ML solutions, and proactively drive data product adoption
- Distill insights from complex data and/or data product results; communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop metrics to evaluate data product performance and drive improvements
- 2+ years of work experience in deployment and scaling of Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms on AWS cloud services (Sagemaker, Lambda, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, recommender systems, ranking systems, or similar
- Solid background in machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit Learn, etc.
- Knowledge of software development tools like Git, CI/CD, Docker, etc.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Scala, Java)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Strong project management and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with online controlled experimentation
- Masters degree or above
- 3+ years of research and/or industry experience
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
To apply for this job please visit about.coursera.org.