Ancestry helps people to find their ancestors and discover their family history. The Search
Relevance team builds the matching engine of Ancestry’s core product. As a Data Scientist, you
will be part of a global data science team. You will help our users to find their ancestors and
discover interesting family history events. You will utilize cutting edge machine learning
algorithms and statistical analysis techniques to improve our mobile and web search system.
• Ranking algorithms for search accuracy and recall
• Machine Learning for index optimization and improvements
• Feature engineering for people, family, records, photos and more
• NLP for query and document analysis, processing and understanding at a large scale
• Ranking result evaluation and analysis
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Research experience in a relevant field, such as information retrieval, machine learning,
NLP or recommendation systems
• Solid modeling skills in Python or R
• Solid understanding of core CS algorithms and good coding skills in Python or Java
• Experience with Big Data, such as Hadoop/Hbase/Pig/Hive is a plus
• Experience with Solr/Elasticsearch is a plus
• Experience with Spark is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven track record of achieving significant engineering or academic results
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.