Are you excited about an opportunity to apply your experience and passion for Machine Learning (ML) and/or Deep Learning (DL) to improving customers product experience? Are you a data scientist who dreams of building scalable solutions and innovations that enhances and enriches millions of customers lives every day? If so, this may be a great fit for you!
Audible Product Data Science team partners with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build product and services that surprise and delight our customers. Improving Search and Content discovery experience is our key focus. We employ cutting-edge ML, deep learning techniques and Natural Language Processing (NLP) knowledge to improve the relevance of search results, query intents understanding, and recommendation system, etc. We operate in an agile environment in which we own and collaborate the life cycle of research, design, and model development of relevant projects.
As a data scientist, you will be responsible for driving projects through their entire lifecycle from idea creation through implementation, experimentation and finally, deployment. You will be working with other data scientists, ML experts, engineers as well as product teams locally and abroad, and on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientist within Amazon.
We are looking for motivated, results-oriented Data Scientist with strong rigor and demonstrable skills in information retrieval, DL, ML, NLP, data mining and/or large-scale distributed computation.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Experience applying ML and/or DL techniques.
· 5+ years of experience coding in Python, R, MATLAB or similar scripting languages.
· Ability to collaborate effectively and deploy production grade models.
· Good communication skills both verbal and written; Good is standing at an ability to translate complex models and analysis results into layman terms.
· Ability to learn quickly and self-direct new domains and managing through ambiguity.
· Hands on experience in model development in Search and Recommendation.
· Large-scale distributed systems experience, including scalability and fault tolerance.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Familiarity with AWS services including EMR, Athena, and Redshift.
· Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and business.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.