The opportunity to re-shape a multi-billion dollar industry is truly unique. COVID has had an enormous impact on travel – but at Expedia Group we believe that as humans, we will always have the desire to explore and experience new things and to make special memories with friends and family. The COVID reset is giving us a chance to re-evaluate how we can enable the connection and joy that travel can bring in a safe and sustainable way – while helping the millions of our partners who depend on travel for their livelihood find their footing again. It’s not an easy challenge – but one that has the potential to be truly impactful, meaningful and rewarding.
As a senior Product leader for our Search & Discovery platform, you will be at the forefront of this challenge. Your mission is to continuously improve how our search algorithms simultaneously satisfy multiple objectives – traveler needs for relevance along with business needs for monetization and supplier incentives. You will work with leaders across the company to ensure we are operating a healthy two-sided marketplace – one that not only matches travelers with optimal search results and recommendations, but also takes into account the needs and interests of our suppliers (hotels, property managers, home-owners). In partnership with Data Science, your team will own defining how we merge Sponsored Listings into Search Results, how we give visibility to new suppliers in the marketplace and how we build feedback loops to influence suppliers to behave in a way that promotes long-term marketplace health and efficiency.
We are looking for a Product leader with experience in platform thinking, building functionality for a two-sided marketplace and hiring and growing a skilled, globally distributed team. The right candidate will balance pragmatism with innovation and forward-thinking leadership. You will need to deliver business value quickly while investing strategically in capabilities that have longer-term but potentially much higher pay-offs. You should be an empathetic listener, capable of understanding and envisioning opportunities with a diverse set of partners. . Leading with humility and accountability and serving as an excellent coach who can mentor, grow and bring out the best in people will be essential to your success.
What you’ll do:
- Establish a vision and strategy for continuously improving how Expedia Group’s Search and Discovery Platform satisfies multiple objectives.
- Define appropriate metrics to measure how optimally we’re meeting each objective and set clear targets to constantly strive for improvement.
- Develop strong feedback loops with peers leading our portfolio of brands and partner-facing teams. Direct your team in building functionality that consumers of the platform are eager to adopt and see as adding value.
- Set up a Marketplace Governance process, for evaluating requests to use Ranking as a “lever” to influence longer-term partner or traveler behavior.
- Determine dependencies critical to success and work with your peers in Data Science, Analytics and other Platform teams across EG to establish effective operating models. Work with Engineering to drive sensible tradeoffs between product and architecture investments.
- Ensure your team is focused on outcomes and is executing with quality to continuously deliver customer value and business return on investment.
- Communicate strategy, plan and progress through a regular cadence of written and oral communication. Actively listen and help the team grow and improve from their mistakes.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of product management experience in an eCommerce or Marketplace setting. Experience orchestrating delivery of value in an enterprise environment where different teams own different systems is a big plus.
- High degree of familiarity with Machine Learning concepts and Marketplace principles. Demonstrated ability to apply these to improve business results.
- Scientific and data driven. Skilled in defining the right metrics, working effectively with engineers and data scientists and keeping teams motivated and accountable to meet targets.
- Demonstrated technical competence, excellent written and verbal communicator who can simplify or deep dive as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent. Known for crafting work environments where people can realize their full potential.
- Inclusive, honest, open, and eager to continuously learn. Self-aware and an active listener.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit lifeatexpediagroup.com.