At Macy’s, our Product Management teams build and define capabilities and products that allow Macy’s customers to shop seamlessly across channels and for our colleagues and vendor partners to work efficiently and effectively – all driving toward delighting our customers, increasing colleague engagement and maximizing business KPIs. Product Managers define the most critical user problems to solve, impact of target business outcomes and a vision for how we can leverage technology to solve those problems, drive those outcomes and maximize ROI of our invested capital.
The Director, Product Management leverages their expertise in digital commerce, passion for building great products and enthusiasm for leading high performing teams, working in partnership with Technology, Analytics, User Experience, functional/business experts in an Agile & Lean product delivery environment, leading the creation and enhancement of capabilities through the entire product lifecycle – from strategic planning through tactical execution and post-launch measurement.
As the Director, Product Management for Search at Macy’s, you will lead a team of Product Managers to develop and champion a world class product vision and strategy for our search capabilities, guiding and coaching the Product team, ensuring they are effective in driving business & customer outcomes and that they are engaged Macy’s colleagues with focused customer and business KPI goals.
Perform other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate will start with why, not what. Have a curious nature and strong critical thinking / problem-solving abilities. Possess technical and business acumen. Be comfortable developing, articulating and defending a point of view to different audiences at all levels within the organization. Be an effective communicator who tailors messages based on audience, environment, and context. Be adept at storytelling and distilling complex concepts into simple messages. Have strong functional and domain expertise – within omnichannel retail. Be agile and adaptable. Value perspective and seek the “right” answer vs. “being right”. Demonstrate the ability to influence, rather than rely on direct authority. Able to flex between strategic thinking and tactical execution, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously. Be self-driven and able to rally, motivate and energize teams. Be a champion for Data-drive thinking and decision making for key product and business decisions. Bring product thought leadership by showcasing long term product strategy and vision. Constantly reprioritize by clarifying cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensuring that critical business issues are surfaced and considered. Be technically savvy to build and grow technical platforms and products as well as contribute to engineering conversations & priorities. Be an advocate of metric/data based decision making. Be passionate about developing high performing and goal oriented teams who embody the qualities listed above.
The Director, Product Management responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Product oversight for colleagues to drive customer & business outcomes via user centered ideation & discovery and scope definition & prioritization. Agile product delivery partnering with Program Managers, Tech Managers, QA, and engineers to continuously improve and maximize output of delivery teams within sub-domain. Product hind sighting.
- Stakeholder management—navigating complexities of cross-brand/cross-channel/cross-division/cross-functional stakeholder landscape. Supporting team members in their stakeholder relationships.
- Sub-domain leadership–maintains outcome focus by adjusting sub-domain product priorities and roadmap & release strategy based on realities of an agile environment. Evaluates long-tail benefits of a product vs. new opportunities, developing prioritized investment recommendations and ROI benefits. Continuously evaluates sub-domain’s impact on target KPIs, developing a portfolio investment strategy and driving alignment with key Macy’s strategic objectives. High functioning partnership with tech & program for resource management, risk mitigation, tradeoffs, and dependencies – across all products within area of ownership.
- People Leadership–Actively coach product managers at various levels throughout the product lifecycle – serving as a point of escalation for blockers, guidance around tradeoffs & impacts, and support in navigating the organization – to ensure they are effectively delivering product outcomes. Builds & manages a high performing team – via effective hiring, retention strategies, engagement practices, continuous & timely feedback approach, and succession planning. Provides measurable goals (organizational, product, and individual) & invests in individual growth and career progression for each team member – tailoring approach & style as needed to drive maximum engagement for them, & value contribution to Macy’s.
Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters/MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of product management experience in an agile software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience leading a search team at a Fortune 500 company.
- Expert knowledge of site search and relevance.
- Expert in front end and back end search capabilities.
- Machine learning experience in ranking and deep learning models.
- 5+ years of experience building and developing high performance teams, coaching and inspiring colleagues to drive an enhanced customer experience and exceed business goals and KPIs.
- Effective communicator; ability to act as an advisor and thought partner to senior leadership in there are of expertise.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with key partners across the enterprise.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams with an agile and CAN DO mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to achieving objectives.
- Customer, colleague and impact focused.
Flexible and adaptive.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.macysjobs.com.