- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of C-level product management experience, including product conception as well as launching, building and growing multiple products.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of product managers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Engineering and Marketing.
- 5 years of experience with search and information retrieval.
- Expertise in relevance, ranking and machine learning.
- Passion for building high-quality user experiences and a commitment to product excellence.
- Solid analytics background, with ability to dive into data analysis.
- Innovative thinker and excellent collaborator who thrives in ambiguity.
About the job
As the Director of Product Management for Local Search, you will be part of the team that helps users find the best places and the best local content. Local search is a feature fully integrated within Google Maps, now with alternative UIs, that provides business results for queries based on context and addresses and drives local results experience for Google search/google.com.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Define product vision and strategy.
- Design and lead a multi-year product roadmap, balancing short- and long-term goals and investments to scale our solutions globally.
- Lead and grow a team of talented product managers.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Marketing and other internal Google teams to create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling product experiences.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.