- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction, and/or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in an executive level role creating strategy and designing products.
- Experience in front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Experience working with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Proven strength in managerial and operational skills including extensive experience in leading large teams and driving organizational design, career development, operations, and culture both within UX organizations as well as in partnership with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
- Outstanding UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
When we look at user needs within Search, we see people need help making sense of their world across a range of topics, from immediate daily needs like checking the weather or scores for their favorite sports team, to longer-term needs like planning for college, a new career, or starting a family. As a Director of UX for Search Verticals, you will help drive a user-centered vision for how to better help people in the key information needs within their life. This includes driving foundational research, defining product strategy, and leading cutting-edge design solutions across some of the most visible product surfaces in the world. You will work closely with senior cross-functional partners, and be a strong advocate for delivering nonpareil design solutions, while fostering a strong culture of innovation and collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing, and other key partners. You will also drive initiatives that foster trust and transparency with our users and address business-critical legal, policy, and regulatory matters.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead the development and evolution of a product strategy for shifting user needs across key information verticals, and build execution strategies across key surfaces including Search and Google Assistant.
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional partners to shape our overall strategy/plans for user trust. Plan and lead decision-making forums. Work extremely cross functionally, including deep partnerships with Engineering, Product Managers, Legal, Policy, PR, and Marketing. Partner closely with compliance and develop a proactive strategy around the global regulatory environment.
- Build and manage a high performing UX team. Set clear goals and objectives while balancing short term development with long term career growth.
- Communicate and lead best practices to partners to support the strategic priorities of Search and Google Assistant.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.