Do you want to be part of a team that builds and operates a world-class search engine that serves billions of queries a day? Do you thrive on developing efficient data retrieval algorithms that process gigabytes of data in milliseconds? Do you want to be part of a team that owns ebay’s largest deployed application of machine learning with tens of thousands of servers, billion unique listings, billions of queries a day, and a highly available (99.999%) and performant system?
We are passionate about building the best search platform for the world’s largest online marketplace and are looking for top-notch software engineers to join the eBay Search Backend team.
- Understand, estimate, design and implement complex software applications, primarily in C++
- Deliver very high performance, low latency, robust code with high test coverage, continuous integration and production monitoring
- Lead product and engineering design and code reviews
- Triage and debug production issues
- Perform on-call responsibilities
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field with 8 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Modern C++
- Expertise in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience in Linux Systems Programming
- Experience in Distributed Systems
- Familiarity with Efficient Information Retrieval Systems
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ebayinc.com.