Oracle is seeking an experienced and driven Elasticsearch Relevance Engineer who wants to join a team of highly talented professionals who are revolutionizing the delivery of Cloud Services at Oracle.
Oracle IT provides modern enterprise services to Oracle’s internal businesses and is amid a cloud transformation driving improved agility, performance, availability and security across Oracle’s Enterprise and Development environments. We are looking for passionate, highly motivated, uniquely skilled, “engineering-first” driven individuals to join our team and help build our next generation business platform. If you are looking for an environment that embraces your unbridled ambition for innovating solutions; provides clearly defined objectives and empowers individual growth through direct feedback; values your contributions and is dedicated to supporting your personal development, then Oracle IT is the team for you!
As a member of the Oracle IT team, you will apply your hands-on technical expertise to design, implement, problem-solve and optimize Elasticsearch-based systems. Our internal search services make structured and unstructured content from various repositories searchable from a central location in the enterprise.
- Apply your advanced knowledge of Elasticsearch to engineer full text search for enterprise content from various content repositories and websites
- Formulate search queries that integrate complex business requirements across multiple indices of various shapes
- Use your expertise in searching text in multiple languages, not just English; text analysis, data enrichment and aggregations
- Provide standards for search template management and index design
- Work with analysts and other teams to understand data domains
- Integrate document access control in the search functionality
- Peer review design proposals and perform code reviews
- Code using Python, shell scripts, Java and others as applicable
- Mentor others, share knowledge and present analyses and technical topics
- We are proud of our OCI values
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience with Elasticsearch advanced features
- Minimum 7 years in software-engineering related position
- Elasticsearch certification preferred
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of programming skills in Python and/or Java on Linux
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus across teams and stakeholders
- Open to learning new technologies
- Flexible work times to enable working with team members in other time zones
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
: Information Technology
: United States
: Regular Employee Hire
To apply for this job please visit oracle.taleo.net.