The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Manager to support a team of data and machine learning engineers within our Search team. In this role, you will be instrumental in developing the team, guiding the modeling and engineering approaches, and communicating strategy and results to the broader organization.
What You’ll Do
- Make significant impact on one of Spotify’s most central features
- Be a technical leader within the search team and within Spotify in general
- Coordinate technical projects across search teams
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team to make sure the services are up and running
- Build a highly effective team of search engineers and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring and hands-on career development
- In partnership with a product manager and a team of engineers, build a stack which creates a great search experience that delights users across Spotify
- You will support the engineering team in formulating the technical vision and strategy
- You will be based in Stockholm with some travel to our London, New York and Boston offices from time to time
Who You Are
- You have 10+ years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment, out of which 3+ years are in search products
- You are familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability and responsible experimentation
- You have experience mentoring and growing collaborative teams
- You have previous experience developing production scale ML systems
- You are an experienced manager or a senior individual contributor with strong people skills and leadership experience
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- You have ability to drive change and decision making in heterogeneous groups
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
To apply for this job please visit www.spotifyjobs.com.