Algolia is looking for a fullstack software engineer to build experiments, demos, and labs that demonstrate the future of search. You will primarily focus on the conversational and voice search experience, but your work will demonstrate all that’s new in search capabilities in interactions. In this position, you’ll be working closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Solutions Teams.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Creating front-end demos that showcase Algolia’s capabilities and new features : you can see some previous examples here, here, and here
- Building APIs for our labs that enable developers to test out the possible future direction of Algolia
- Work with internal teams to understand what they want to test or showcase
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Rigor in code quality and other engineering best practices
- Strong visual and UX design aptitude and interest in latest web trends
- Ability to make independent decisions and take ownership for them
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Skills to balance “getting it done” with building a sustainable project
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- APIs, either as a creator or consumer
- Voice interactions
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.