- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
- Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing projects and defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Experience in data analysis or a related field (e.g as a data scientist, abuse analyst or law enforcement investigator).
- Master’s degree in a Quantitative discipline.
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), or experience as a webmaster.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As a Webspam Analyst on the Webspam team, your main objective will be to enforce our webmaster guidelines by measuring and filtering inorganic user behavior. You will solve complex problems across large data sets, bringing your analytical skills together with the power of Google’s technology to identify abuse occurring in Search and related product areas. You’ll work closely with engineers and other analysts to improve algorithms and lead efforts that better the user experience.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, analysts not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google analysts are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Prevent abuse of Google Search by analyzing search trends, identifying inorganic activity and developing solutions.
- Solve analytical problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed within data sets.
- Engage cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with Engineers and Analysts to lead the development of long-lasting solutions.
- Prepare and present recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.