Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
One of Wayfair ‘s strategic priority is to continue expanding out vast assortment of home goods while ensuring our customers can always find the products that meet their needs. Given the growing volume of searches paired with a growing catalog on a relatively focus space; it is central for Wayfair to continue improving our ability to better respond to customer queries with a selection of relevant products to their needs. We need a Data Science leader that can lead a multidisciplinary team of scientists & engineers to build scalable algorithmic solutions that powers Wayfair Search engine.
This leader will build the Search Data Science team, work in partnership with our engineering & product organizations to design a multi-year roadmap and execute the goal of building a search platform that is ever evolving to better help our customers to discover and purchase the goods they need for their homes. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader that enjoys scientific and technical challenges, is passionate about innovation & and is eager to make an impact by transforming Wayfair Search Engine through advance Machine Learning & Deep Learning techniques.
What You’ll Do
- Hire a team of builders responsible for developing algorithms to better understand customer searches and present to our customers the most relevant results
- Work cross-functionally with Wayfair engineering, data science & product organizations to develop an organizational model to define & execute against a multi-year roadmap
- Lead a team that applies state of art in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning) and NLP to solve to match relevant products to every customer query
- Lead a team that design & implement high performant & scalable search solutions to enable a Search engine that responds to millions of queries a day, searching through terabytes of data in the order of milliseconds
- Put in place an algorithm development process that enables fast model iterations & testing to measure impact & guide
- Work in a dynamic organization that provides continuous opportunities to build from the ground, learn & work side by side with cross-functional leaders to constantly transform how we serve & delight our customers
What You’ll Need
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields; PhD preferred
- Relevant experience leading or working with multi-disciplinary technical teams: scientist, engineers, and varied levels of experience
- Interest in Search, Machine Learning (including Deep Learning), Information Retrieval & Natural Language Processing
- Relevant experience designing & implementing customer facing systems: scalable, fast & resilient
- Track record of delivery large cross functional projects
- Good command of deep-learning techniques. Experience building customer facing products powered by deep-learning is a plus
- Good understanding of experimentation techniques for design of A/B tests to measure impact
- Communication skills that can influence cross organizations
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.