- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Development, Product Management, Engineering, Operations or Finance/Investment Banking/Venture Capital.
- PhD, MBA or graduate degree in management, technical or engineering field
- 10 years of relevant work experience in consulting, software, internet and/or media industries
- Strong product instincts with experience as product manager.
- Ability to present to executives and communicate with highly technical management teams.
About the job
Product and Business Strategy Leaders bring together teams across Google’s functions to help products execute optimally. Our team pushes Google to scale at key points that refine our products and infrastructure by executing efficiently, bringing solid business sense and sound judgment, and working effectively across organizational lines.
Our roles often include components of strategy (e.g. analyzing and understanding new trends in the industry, building business plans), operations (e.g. running the cadence of organizations, connecting the operating lines between our functions), and communications. Our team partners with senior leadership to run important functions that cross-cut our existing organizations and deliver high impact projects. We help Engineers, PMs, UX, and all of our other functions to build amazing products that delight our users, and then get those products into their hands.
In this role you will drive strategic initiatives for Google Search and play a critical role in defining and driving strategy related initiatives for the Google Search product.
As the leader for Google Search Strategy, you will be at the forefront in helping analyze top strategic questions for Search raised by Directors/VPs (PM/Engineering). The work will require you to understand the complexity around the product, regulatory, competitive, ecosystem and external dynamics to help develop a fact based and structured view on the strategic questions/topics.
You’ll work closely with the Search leadership team to identify business challenges and be a thought leader with VPs to chart the strategy for the Search product area. You will be at the intersection of identifying trends, structuring/framing and drawing insight from analyses, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Frame and structure complex, ambiguous, and potentially charged business issues for Search leadership team. Support/complement the Product team by providing the required market perspective on specific topics/areas (i.e. ecosystem trends)
- Process and synthesize business implications across range of data sets and analysis
- Develop compelling, insightful recommendations
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences
- Lead, hire, and build a team of managers, analysts, associates that can take on these initiatives, supporting fact based analytics, framing the landscape and working with various stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.