- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of work experience in a relevant functional area (business development, partnerships, sales, management consulting, investment banking, strategy, operations)
- 3 years of related program or partner management experience in an Internet or hardware company
- Hardware and/or software industry experience or similar.
- MBA or equivalent.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management. Ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally and work collaboratively to identify opportunities or resolve issues.
- Strong negotiator with a partnership approach; ability to represent Google in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to comfortably interact with partner’s and executive management.
- Fluency in Mandarin
About the job
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you’ll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to managers and associates. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You’ll work closely with Google Product, Engineering, Legal and Sales teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our online advertising business.
Google’s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with our partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
This is a key role in which you will manage strategic partner relationships and business development efforts for Chrome OS. You will be a liaison between external partners and Product. You will be responsible for implementing and optimizing relationships with hardware manufacturers (Original Equipment Manufacturers and Original Device Manufacturers) in the Chrome OS ecosystem, and for designing and implementing new programs to promote the health and expansion of these ecosystems. You will be the primary partner contact for some of our most important partners, leading our collaboration and driving tactics designed to improve the usage and distribution of our platforms. You will also track and proactively resolve business and technical issues with our partners and identify new partnership opportunities.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Strategic partner relationship management and business development efforts for Chrome OS. Lead Google’s business development efforts for Chrome OS globally, with a focus on key partners (e.g., OEMs, ODMs, etc.)
- Identify, create, negotiate and implement effective business development agreements that drive results across the Chrome OS platform business.
- Maintain consultative business relationships with hardware partners and gain exposure to partners’ business initiatives to positively impact platform ecosystem proliferation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, develop work plans, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations.
- Lead quarterly business reviews with partners and offer a strategic and analytical perspective of the partnership, identifying areas for improvement and growth.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.