Insight is looking for an experienced Software/Systems (Java) Architect to work on our global search engine.
You will work on a small team that enjoys the challenges inherent in building a large-scale search engine that is used by people and systems all throughout Europe, North America, and Asia. We have a healthy team culture and use modern tools and frameworks to get the job done.
In this role you will provide technical leadership to project teams; provide expertise in the development of cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes; maintain and enhance project technology stack; provide technology vision and direction.
If you have solid experience designing, architecting, developing, implementing and supporting large-scale, highly critical enterprise applications and love to solve complex business problems using modern technology, then we look forward to meeting you.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Master Degree Preferred)
- Hands-on software development – Strong hands on experience in designing and developing mission critical, highly complex applications
- Excellent oral and written communication to effectively bridge gap between technology staff and non-technical partners/leadership
Strong Java 7+ skills – you consider networking, threading, locks, and caching as the hors d’oeuvre that comes before the main course.
Strong Experience with Spring-based technologies (Spring Boot etc.), or any other DI framework
- Understanding of REST/JSON and/or SOAP/XML web services, experience in interface design
- Excellent understanding of systems and infrastructure – you have good knowledge of modern systems, including CPU-RAM interaction, stack memory, heap memory, disk, processes, and how to use them to make an application run fast and scale.
- Experience with Elastic Search, SOLR, Lucene, or other document-store technologies.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS or Azure
- Experience in designing and implementing micro services based solutions
- Experience in application analysis and performance optimization – you are able to effectively use the application analysis tools (profilers, log analyzers, GC logs etc.) to analyze the application performance and propose optimizations
- Understanding of Software standards and best practices – you write code that is well-tested, well-documented, has a clean API, and can be re-used and easily refactored to support more elastic use cases.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills – you are good in documenting, preparing and presenting technical solutions to leaders, peers and team member effectively
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply general business/ professional knowledge, acquired through industry associations, journals, technical procedures or regulations.
- Lifelong learner – you are open-minded, mentally-flexible, and continue to learn and improve your skills as new industry practices and techniques are introduced.
Nice To Have:
- Search Engine Experience – working experience to design, development and support of a search engine application will be a big plus
- Experience mentoring technical staff on technology
- Experience with Apache Kafka, JMS technologies, gRPC, Hessian, JPA/Hibernate, JBOSS, Zookeeper, Linkerd
- Experience building visualization using ELK stack
- Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Exposure to ERP systems, such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.insight.com.