Website Apartment List
The Search and Discovery team works on the core Apartment List experience for renters to find the home they love. We build the search infrastructure, the ranking algorithm, and best-in-class user interfaces to present the most useful apartment information to renters. We partner closely with product, design, and analytics team members to continually improve search quality and user experience.
Here is what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Develop the Apartment List iOS app, writing code in Swift with like-minded mobile engineers.
- Use the right tool for the job. Our app is powered with RxSwift and our networking is built on Alamofire.
- We use MVI and Quick to make testable code, and use a combination of Protocol-Oriented Programming and OOP to build reusable components.
- Collaborate with the larger engineering team.
- Interact closely with your teammates in design and product management. You’ll have a say!
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience with the iOS development stack, coding in Swift or Objective-C.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years working in organizations with a solid engineering process, collaborating with designers and product managers to build the best mobile experience possible.
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- A track record of shipping apps to the App Store.
- Incredible attention to detail and a talent for implementing creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges.
- An ability to write solid code utilizing appropriate design patterns, data structures, and algorithms, while also keeping testability and secure coding in mind.
- You stay on top of the latest advances in the industry — and understand how to determine the right time to adopt them.
And here’s what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and learn new development skills.
- Room to explore new technologies and adopt them in our product development.
- Participation in the entire development cycle, from making meaningful product decisions to implementing and shipping an app downloaded by thousands of users a day.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.