Glassdoor’s engineering team is growing and we are looking for a Lead DevOps engineer to drive our configuration management, build, deploy and monitoring platforms. This is your opportunity to share your work with a worldwide community of over 60 million users in multiple countries and make an impact by helping people everywhere find a job and company they love.
As our Lead DevOps Engineer you will be working closely with Search engineering, QA, and product teams to help define how we ship our product. The Search team works closely with machine learning and data engineering teams to further our job personalization goals and embraces a wide variety of technologies to deliver, sophisticated and efficient end to end solutions. If you are passionate about a working in an Agile environment with the latest technologies, collaborating across multiple teams, and solving fun data problems come join us!
Skills and Requirements
- 7 or more years of experience in configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an Agile development process
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience working on AWS Cloud and cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
- Prior experience working with software build tools (Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Experience supporting a Java based application in a production environment
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages – bash or python
- Knowledge of service discovery tools such as Consul is a plus
- You are adept at identifying ways to improve infrastructure using automated solutions and to make them more reliable.
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (353 Sacramento)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.