Website Globality, Inc.
At Globality, we’re proud to embody the core values of innovation, collaboration, and trust in both our culture and product.
We’re creating ground-breaking technology utilizing a world-class, AI-powered Platform that revolutionizes how businesses buy and sell services. We are an open, inclusive, and diverse organization and our employees are at the heart of the great products we create.
We’ve raised over $172M and are supported by an impressive group of prominent investors, including Al Gore and SoftBank Vision Fund. Our co-founders, Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo, are seasoned entrepreneurs who bring an extensive business-building experience to our organization. Our impressive board includes Mark Hurd (CEO of Oracle), Dennis Nally (former Global Chairman of PwC), and Ron Johnson (former SVP of Apple).
We’re excited to deliver the best in both innovative technologies and customer-focused experiences to realize our mission of creating a more inclusive global economy. Come help us build something great!
We seek an engineer with a passion for building search solutions to power intelligent product features at scale.
Does this sound like you?
Are you excited about separating signal from noise in web-scale datasets?
Does continuously improving algorithms and evaluating search relevancy make you tick
Do you enjoy building software that improves user experience by helping users reach the right conclusions?
Does your ideal work environment involve collaborating within multi-functional teams in a dynamic startup environment?
Are you motivated by directly impacting the core technologies that power a meaningful business platform?
If so, you should join our team.
What you will be doing:
- Be a lead contributor to the design and implementation of our core search products. In collaboration with our data scientists and senior engineers, you’ll be improving indexing logic, tuning relevancy, and optimizing performance, towards the overall goal of delivering a delightful user experience to our end-users and internal users, across a range of search-powered products, including autocomplete, fuzzy search, and customized indexing pipelines
- Evaluate the quality and performance of our search infrastructure on an ongoing basis. By using information retrieval evaluation metrics, as well as building practical end-to-end testing tools, deliver consistently high-quality user experience within our search-powered products
- Wrangle messy data. Real-world data, especially as found on the web, comes in all shapes and sizes, and can often be messy. Working alongside our NLP engineers, drive solutions for cleaning noisy text, normalizing it and ensuring high-quality search results
What we are looking for:
- You have at least 5 years of software development experience in crafting high performance, reliable and scalable production systems
- You have strong engineering experience in Python, in particular in the context of search applications, using frameworks such as elasticsearch, elasticsearch-dsl-py, as well as text processing and NLP frameworks, such as pandas, nltk,Pattern, spaCy
- You have ample experience with Elasticsearch, ideally cloud-based deployments such as via AWS or Elastic Cloud
- You’ve worked on a wide range of search-powered solutions, such as fuzzy search, autocomplete, and multi-index search applications
- You’re familiar with core search relevancy concepts such as TF-IDF scoring and Precision/Recall evaluation metrics
- You have experience working with noisy textual data, and are familiar with the various text normalization methodologies that are employed to index such data effectively
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals and distributed systems
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.