LeadProductOwner – Search & Relevance
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Product Teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easy to use, easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and discovery and design work.
This Lead Product Owner sits within our Digital team, specifically relevance. The Relevance team makes it easier for all customers to find the answer/products they’re looking for. In this role, you will focus on improving the search and discovery experience for Target, around relevance of product results based on Guest, diversity, desirability and business logics.Relevance group sets the overall strategic vision for improving the guest search experience scientifically through data. In this highly visible position, you’ll be part of the Digital Product Management organization, which works closely with engineering, data scientist and experience teams across Target to shape the future of our search experiences across web and mobile.
As a Lead Product Owner, you will work in the product model and will partner to develop a comprehensive product strategy, related roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as, customer feedback and establish other relevant data points to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product.
You will be the “voice of the product” to key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting the direction and support that it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively understand the market, maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders.
You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as, inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction. You will foster sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with product teams across the organization to help them achieve their goals while pursuing and completing yours. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience)
- 6 +yearsofretailexperienceor equivalent domain experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development,etc)
- Solid understanding of fundamental search concepts such as indexing, ranking, relevancy etc.
- Intense data orientation and a familiarity with machine learning / search approaches and best practices
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Familiarity with test and learn approaches but recognize that building great product requires the ability to balance numbers with intuition and vision for the long-term guest experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.target.com.