We are looking for Senior Director of Product Engineering – Core Search who is passionate about delivering great customer experiences that scale to billions of queries for millions of products across Lowes sites and mobile apps. In this role you will be directly leading a team of Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Architects and Engineers. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of Ecommerce, Mobile and Digital Product Engineering.
We are looking for you if:
• You have proven expertise and deep technical understanding about Search technologies and have a track record of building Search systems that can scale to billions of transactions and have been involved in training search relevancy algorithms to optimize Search Performance with particular emphasis on product search.
• You can drive the product vision and roadmap for Search. Leverage competitive intelligence and internal data to uncover new opportunities and turn them into insights that align with company goals.
• You can lead building of product roadmaps and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems are setup to scale.
• You are passionate about optimizing the Search Engine and building a wide range of clever functionalities to improve performance and ultimately, customer experience.
Top Skills we are seeking in you:
• You are well-versed in open-source and cloud-based technologies, agile methodologies and reliability based modern software engineering and have a firm grasp of Omni Channel end-to-end technology and business processes
• You have a demonstrated experience in leading, mentoring and growing the team. You are organized and structured and understands what it takes to build a scalable organization.
• You can efficiently and consistently execute and deliver, setting the example for collaboration across teams and departments (both technical and non-technical)
• You have cultivated a deep understanding of mobile and Ecommerce technologies and system architecture and are passionate about building high-quality software
• You are a leader who attracts, hires and retains top engineering talent, building a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Manage relationships with vendors and can manage departmental budgets
• You have a proven track record of “Can-Do” attitude and Results Orientation and have an innate ability to imbibe those tenets in your team’s work ethics
• You are comfortable with interacting at C-Level and have a strong Executive presence in addition to excellent communication skills (presentation and written), organizational and analytical skills.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• 10+ years of experience developing commercial applications and complex systems
• 7+ years of experience in developing and delivering Ecommerce and Search Solutions
• 5+ Years of demonstrated history of starting, hiring and growing world class engineering teams
• Deep experience with agile methodologies and best practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
• Strong software engineering background and development experience in OOP concepts and design, APIs and Search Technologies
• BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lowes.com.