The Lucidworks consulting team specializes in understanding customers’ problems and requirements, and architecting and developing large scale, highly available, distributed systems for processing large volumes of data and queries.
We frequently operate at the cutting edge of search, where search is viewed as the fast, secured access layer to massive volumes of data — presenting users with contextual, personalized and relevant information and driving outstanding business value as a result.
A consultant position at Lucidworks is great for those who want to take their experience with Search in general, and Lucene based technologies in particular, to a whole other level. Here you will work side by side with Solr committers and the people who built Lucidworks Fusion, our platform that extends the power of Solr with technologies like Apache Spark to deliver best-in-class search experiences to our customers.
The Lucidworks services team is a growing organization, and with that comes plenty of opportunities for growth and leadership, both internally as well as externally as a search expert and leader with our customers.
- Providing expert-level Fusion and Solr consulting and development services to a wide range of our customers. Consulting work is usually a mixture of on-site and remote. Some ability to travel is required.
- Observing and identifying customer pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria
- Studying, researching and resolving difficult issues involving Solr, Fusion and related technologies
- Creating reusable solutions, components, recipes, etc.—contributing to the Lucidworks product, consulting practice and services
- Writing blogs & articles, and representing the organization at meetups, conferences, etc. promoting yourself and the Lucidworks brand
- Communicating customer requirements and use cases to Product and Engineering
YOU ARE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You love working with customers and look forward to doing what it takes to make them successful
- You are passionate about, and have a working knowledge of, search and want to learn new things every single day
- You have some experience with related open source technologies like Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, et cetera
- You have experience taking complex enterprise applications into production
- You have operational experience with enterprise applications
- You know Java and some scripting languages
- You can think on your feet and solve difficult problems on site at a customer
- Consulting Mindset: curious, natural problem solver, great listener, trusted advisor.
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, eager to collaborate.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.