Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Search Team at Pinterest helps Pinners explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience. Where web search is about finding answers, Pinterest search is about inspiration and discovery. This leads to unique technical challenges with handling an index of billions of unique images and their associated metadata. We’re looking for a software engineer to build advanced search technology using both text and visual signals.
What you’ll do:
- Build a search product that keeps Pinners engaged with great personalized content
- Build search ranking systems that handle billions of unique images and high search query volume
- Work on aspects of the search ranking problem such as query understanding, search results ranking, search relevance, and localization of results
- Build models or develop ranking signals for more than 340 million monthly users
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years working experience
- Interest or experience working on a large-scale ranking system, or technical background in applied Machine Learning
- Experience with big data (Hadoop/cascading etc)
- Passion for applied ML and the Pinterest product
To apply for this job please visit www.pinterestcareers.com.