Website West Marine
Do you enjoy sifting through data to discover common themes and develop strategies to solve a customers ease of shopping? Are you intrigued by human behavior and how it impacts the customers ability to quickly find what they are looking for, and turn that into sales for the company?
The Manager of Search and Taxonomy is responsible for managing on site(s) search, site(s) taxonomy and attribution. This position leads and directs high-priority projects which often require considerable resources and high levels of cross functional support. The Manager of Search and Taxonomy will be a quality driven individual who will provide leadership, direction, coordination, and coaching for the search team during their day-to-day management and implementation of eCommerce projects and processes. This position is the hands-on expert in task and resource scheduling, as well as quality review and assurance. Key Activities include goal setting and reporting of goals, as well as communication with a variety of departments and levels within the organization. The Manager of Search and Taxonomy must be willing to dive into the details of a project to expose issues and risks. At the same time they must have a vision of the overall business strategy.
- Leads a team responsible for on-site search and taxonomy
- Assists in driving functional and operating process for production and site presentation of search results, taxonomy and site testing
- Implements short and long term strategic road map for site content enhancement processes and systems
- Coordinates with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure execution of programs and tactics on time
- Manages projects set forth by e-commerce Director
- Manages and tracks performance through multiple data points
- Makes changes accordingly to improve performance
- Also implements process and system improvements related to data management and operational activities
- Build strong relationships with business partners and actively support cross-functional initiatives to drive improved overall business performance
- Coordinates and leads internal functions in the execution of data maintenance on westmarine.com and pro.com
- 4 year degree
- 3+ years of experience in structured data management
- 2+ year’s online experience in retail product publishing
- Knowledge of Marine Industry a plus
- Experience in and passion for boating
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
To apply for this job please visit www.lifeatwestmarine.com.