LexisNexis Legal & Professional ( www.lexisnexis.com ) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis« and Nexis« services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis Search Relevance Manager
At LexisNexis we solve really, really hard problems. How hard you ask? Well we have to provide the most demanding customers from Legal and Business industries with fast and accurate matches as they pour through almost 3 Petabytes of data. That’s more than 2-3X the entire Wikipedia library! And our customers need this content to support the United Nations, Anti-Human Trafficking advocates, Evidence on Atrocities Tribunals and to defend the rule of Law for legal professionals across the globe.
We are looking for the smartest and most talented people who are driven to solve the most complex challenges in search. At LexisNexis we are undergoing a major transformation, and search is a major portion of this change. Our search team has high visibility from our CEO and is a major business driver as we continue to grow. We utilize cutting-edge technologies to create connections between billions of data points and present untapped insights through a fantastic, visual customer experience. Your contributions are critical to our success; you will have the tools, team, and benchmarks needed to succeed.
Why join us?
- We are the largest content owners in the world.
- We need amazing search relevance specialists who want to transform a business.
- You’re a builder and builders thrive here. Your work will set the stage for years to come.
- Successful people here work autonomously in their area of expertise but have an amazing opportunity to influence multiple areas of the business.
- You’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of LexisNexis and our parent company Relx Group.
The perfect candidate is:
- Scary smart and can see around corners, anticipating what’s next.
- Is agile in their thinking and approach – every day.
- Can see the end to end picture. We need true designers, not just engineers who code features.
- A traveler who is willing to share their knowledge with the rest of us.
- Has a strong sense of ownership with an entrepreneurial ‘think big’ mind-set.
- Able to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Located anywhere (yes, remote is ok with us). If you want to be in an office we have great space in London, Raleigh, San Francisco and NY among others.
- Expertise in tuning the relevance of search results, particularly rich experience on using machine learning to improve search relevancy, such as LTR , etc.
- Knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithm and techniques , including but not limited to TF-IDF, n-gram, SVM & LSI.
- Experience with NLP technologies & the handling of unstructured text ; Expertise in at least 1 of the following: Sentiment Analysis , Entity Extraction , Query Intent & Natural Language Understanding (NLU);
- Knowledge of modern deep learning approaches to NLP, including but not limited to word2vec, seq2seq & FastText
- Strong hands-on skills in SOLR/Elastic/other equivalent search engine search querying and indexing supporting web applications
- Strong Python programming skills. Hands on Python experience on textual data analytics is a plus
- Ability to write high performance production quality code
- Experience building and debugging distributed systems.
- Strong capability to articulate technical solutions and rationales to both technical team and business team
- Has contributed to open source or internal projects.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or just an amazing amount of basement coding history.
Our LexisNexis Values:
- Boundarylessness: We embrace the global nature of our business and encourage people to work collaboratively across business units, hierarchy and functions.
- Customer focus: We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Innovation: We constantly look for new ideas and value “out-of-the-box” thinking.
- Passion for winning: We are a high-energy, fast-moving, decisive organization, determined to outperform the competition.
- Valuing our people: We put the highest priority on recruiting, developing and retaining outstanding people.
Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.