About the team and role:
As a Scientist on the Personalization and Discovery team, you’ll help us change the way people listen. You will be at the center of the next generation audio service creation, utilizing advanced algorithms to bring a delightful and personalized listening experiences that is easy to access. For this role, we are looking for a senior scientist who is experienced with applied machine learning in information retrieval, natural language processing or recommendation systems, to join a strong team of scientists with diverse expertise to create high impact product features.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to improve search relevance and ranking on music/podcast search and voice enabled search
- Contribute to research, prototype and engineering of Pandora’s personalized recommendation and discovery engine
- Use NLP/NLU and machine learning techniques to improve and extend our system capabilities
- Communicate effectively with product and engineering teams and dive into production engineering systems
Required Skills & Experience:
- PhD in a quantitative field with working knowledge of machine learning and computer science
- Strong background in search relevance and ranking, information retrieval, NLP/NLU, or recommendation systems, as well as familiarity with current research in one or more of these areas
- Experience in ML model building in Python and manipulating large scale datasets in Hive and/or Spark/Scala
- Publications in communities such as SIGIR, Recsys, WWW, WSDM, KDD, AAAI, NAACL, EMNLP, or related conferences and journals
- Experience with voice, dialog, speech/linguistics activation systems
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- 1-3 years of related industry experience
To apply for this job please visit pandora.com.