We have a terrific opportunity in the Recommendations and Search Engineering team for innovative problem solvers who are enthusiastic about developing high quality software for Pandora. You will be a key contributor to high profile areas of development including search, playlisting, recommendations, analytics, big data, data infrastructure, and more. You’ll get the chance to take on complex problems as part of a fast paced highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned engineer with several years of diverse experience and a passion for learning and applying technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding of Java applications and Elasticsearch methodologies. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable, and multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience using test frameworks.
- Minimum five years professional experience.
- Expert level experience developing object-oriented software in Java.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience developing search systems demonstrating knowledge with Elasticsearch.
- Significant experience developing software for deployment on
- Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL.
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit.
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software.
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack.
- Experience developing high quality software in Python.
- Experience with recommender or ad targeting systems.
- Experience with NoSQL architectures and map reduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, and Hive.
- Experience with NLU (Natural Language Understanding).
- Experience with Agile software development.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or related field.
To apply for this job please visit pandora.com.