The Splice Search and Recommendations team builds and maintains the core search platform that helps musicians discover sound and music production products. We own and operate all system components that power Splice’s search and ML tools.
As a Principal Engineer in Search, you’ll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists through personalization and discovery. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the strategy and future of search at Splice through your ideas and collaboration with design, product, and engineering
- Identify high-impact search opportunities and partner with engineering and product leadership to define strategy for increasing the value of search to artists
- Build and evolve the tools that enable us to capture and interpret product and behavioral data for search and recommendations
- Solve key measurement challenges – from overall assessment of system quality, all the way to our approach to measuring value of new search features
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
What we’re looking for:
- You are an exceptional communicator. You synthesize technical opportunities and explain them to diverse audiences to shape roadmaps. You influence partners through great written and oral communication.
- You have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to solve real problems for artists. You’re eager to go deep with partners in data, design, product, and content.
- You have experimented at scale: experimental design, contextual decision-making, automated A/B testing. You’ve evolved experimentation platforms.
- You have built real-world systems for solving problems in recommendation systems, search relevance, or contextual content understanding.
- You are interested in developing your leadership qualities. You influence and inspire the people around you to do their best work.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.