What you’ll do…
About the Team
The Customer Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers. You’ll leverage the best and latest tools to facilitate remote teams and work with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry including the mobile app, online grocery experience, curbside, or Delivery Unlimited. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you’ll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
Search team is responsible for delivering a great discovery experience across for our online and store customers. We work with cutting-edge technologies to ensure that we are surfacing the most relevant results to our customers from one of the world’s biggest selection of products.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Principal Product Manager- Search in Product Management at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
- You have a good understanding of search and advertising technologies
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building a team environment by selecting, training, and mentoring
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
More about the role
- Extremely cross functional and will require the individual to work closely with product leaders across the enterprise
- Provides an opportunity to build a holistic understanding of search, browse, personalization, advertising and marketplace systems
- Understand customer search behaviour and build systems to growth the marketplace business and improve customer experience
- Spam & fraud management to protect search experience
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 4 years’ experience in product management or related field OR 6 years’ experience in product management or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, and recommending solution requirements, Product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
To apply for this job please visit careers.walmart.com.