About the team
Zillow is seeking an extraordinary Product Manager to join the Core Search Architecture team. 170 m monthly active users use Zillow to buy, rent, sell and improve their home executing billions of searches each day. This team owns the full search stack: from auto complete, to query intent understanding and search ranking.
About the role
You’ll be the PM to lead the modeling, infrastructure and data efforts to deliver relevant and compelling search experience for consumers across Zillow Group sites.
- Lead vision, strategy, and tactical work for the search experience
- Foster strong connections across ZG’s AI, Product, Marketing, and Business teams to better align your team’s vision & roadmap.
- Translate user stories into concrete requirements and plans, and partner with our engineering teams to deliver
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to make product and research roadmap decisions.
- Stay head of ML science & infrastructure trends to help make state of the art approaches available to all of ZG
- Work with Applied Scientists and Engineers to build & deploy base ranking and semantic search models
- Drive the strategy across all the major components of the platform, balancing both general and domain specific use cases
- Clearly communicate vision, plans, and results to partner teams, executives, and other decision makers
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years industry experience as a Product Manager
- Experience defining product vision and strategy
- Experience with search ranking & semantic search at scale
- Using a metrics driven product development approach
- Creating product specifications, user scenarios, and preliminary concepts
- Experience partnering with engineering teams to deliver products
- Experienced with A/B testing and other designed experiments approaches to use them to drive and validate development of search algorithms and search products
- Comfortable with quick iteration and experimentation
- Creative problem-solving skills, analytical thinker and passion for new technology
- Experience working with data to power machine learning based products
- A creative problem solver and master of cutting through ambiguity
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-team environment
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit careers.zillowgroup.com.