About the Role
We are looking for a product leader that thrives in the intersection of crafting world-class user experience, and leveraging machine learning, relevance and operations to help users find anything in their cities, whether that’s food, snacks, groceries and beyond.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end Search experience and strategy at DoorDash, overseeing our modeling and relevance engine, tagging and taxonomy strategy for billions of items, and overall growth of the full suite of search products. You’ll craft delightful experiences that not only make it easy for users to connect with the merchants, dishes and items they want, but also make ordering easy and delightful.
This is a strategic role for DoorDash, and will require skillful balance of well placed machine learning and data science investments, a sharp consumer-first eye, and strong cross-functional collaboration across all business verticals in our marketplace.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for which Search products we build, how we scale them and why
- Drive our tagging and relevance strategy, helping drive delightful search experiences in all markets, for all types of stores, and for all levels of search intent
- Collaborate with a stellar team of researchers and data scientists to run UXR, usability studies, data-driven experiments and modeling improvements to inform product direction
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
We’re excited about you because…
- You understand models, dream in numbers, and can collaborate a strong team of machine learning engineers and data scientists to achieve your product vision
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Clarity of thought – you can articulate a clear product vision to cross-functional partners and our leadership team, and can clearly communicate in plain English complex relevance products
- Experience with consumer products at scale: you’ve launched and scaled delightful products that impact the lives of millions or billions of consumers
- You enjoy collaborating cross-organizationally, and ensure all business lines, verticals are searchable
- 5+ years of product management, technical product management, or product platform experience
- Previous experience with ML-first products, or data-heavy products
- (strong plus) Previous experience with Search products
- (plus) CS degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.