Join our Winning Team as a Product Manager – Search
Do you want to be part of a brand new product team supporting the fastest growing marketplace in the Automotive Industry? CARFAX offers a unique automotive shopping experience that helps millions of consumers find and purchase the right vehicle.
As a Product Manager of Search, you will lead the team that powers the ranking of CARFAX listings search results. In this position, you will build the roadmap and lead the engineering execution defining and operationalizing our relevance algorithm. You’ll apply your deep knowledge of modern search user interfaces, applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to create an optimal balance between the needs of consumers and key stakeholders.
To do this, you’ll leverage user insights alongside our world-class analytics systems to develop, test, and iterate product roadmaps that meaningfully improve the used car shopping experience while efficiently scaling the CARFAX Used Car Listings business.
Product Managers orchestrate teams of talented and passionate engineers, analysts, researchers, and designers to build user-driven products that help used car shopper find and buy the perfect car with confidence. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial leaders to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company who want to be part of a top-tier team to fundamentally change how shoppers find and buy used cars. This position is full time and based at our headquarters in Centreville, VA.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Everyone on Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling their car. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work” in both our Virginia and Missouri locations.
As a Product Manager – Search, you will:
- Define the vision and execute the roadmap for Search results, including both customer facing features and back-end capabilities.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on search priorities leading to product execution.
- Provide cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper and auto dealer needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Translate your product vision into user stories to rapidly iterate in our agile environment.
- Define metrics that inform the success of search initiatives, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry.
- 5+ years of product management in a large scale consumer web/ mobile app setting
- 3+ years of experience in search, discovery and/or personalization using machine learning or similar approaches.
- Experience incorporating a variety of research and testing methods including qualitative user research, A/B testing, offline machine learning model evaluation etc. to drive product decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills – able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.