Product Manager – Search
at Outdoorsy (View all jobs)
Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet – powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream, providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We’re passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Search is a core function to any marketplace and is the key to helping renters and owners connect. The senior product manager would be responsible for optimizing search results for a number of parameters but ultimately maximizing bookings between renters and owners. You will work with ranking metrics, revenue management, data science, data platform, owner and renter teams to define the vision for our search results ranking. The role will work intimately with engineering, analytics, marketing and will be required to communicate closely with the C-suite
• Lead the buildout of the core ranking/relevance algorithms and technology platform
• Develop and execute the strategy and roadmap for ensuring every renter can connect with an owner via our search results
• Drive algorithms that align renter, owner and Outdoorsy interests and drive the best possible outcomes for all
• Create unique search experiences that are tailored to all audience and stakeholder sets
• Actively improve the ranking/relevancy algorithms through rapid A/B testing and statistical analysis of search behaviors
• 5+ years product management experience prioritizing technology business requirements in an eCommerce enviorment
• Individual contributor with experience managing multiple projects and delivering on time
• Experience designing, build and leading highly complex search projects
• 5+ years of statistics, economics and e-commerce knowledge
• Solid understanding of search technology and arrchitecture
• Experience working closely with analytics and BI teams to deliver insights but also building data feedback loops
• Degree in economics, statistics, decision systems, computer science
- Fast growing startup environment
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Open PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Fexible Hours
- Quarterly Outdoorsy travel allowance
- Dog Friendly Office
To apply for this job please visit www.outdoorsy.com.