Website Tractor Supply Company
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
The Search and Relevance Engineer is responsible for the design, construction and maintainenance of a relevant and reliable search experience for Tractor Supply Company E-Commerce applications. This requires strong knowledge of search algorithms, technologies and infrstructure with a background in Solr, Machine Learning, NLP Modeling, Large Scale Data Processing, and Site Search best practices. Additional responsibilities include mentoring other team members.
- Meets with technical leads, architects and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, ensure the system is implemented as designed and in adherence to the implementation guidelines.
- Partners with the business analysts to review and refine business requirements into core system capabilities.
- Assists developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and validating solutions that meet business requirements.
- Prototypes new requirements for the purpose of enhancing technical functionalities and information process flow.
- Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions.
- Mentors team members on new technologies in area of expertise.
- Works with Enterprise teams to ensure changes are properly documented, communicated, audited, and deployed in compliance with established procedures.
- Participates in 24×7 on call rotations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-year equivalent required. College degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field is preferred.
- 6-9 years of experience in designing and building complex search based applications using Java or related technologies
- Experience with Solr or Elastic Search or similar technologies (Solr preferred)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark
To apply for this job please visit tractorsupply.jobs.