As a Search/Data Engineer you’ll play a critical role in building and shaping our next generation search and discovery platform that connects our worldwide audience to rich immersive experiences they love and enjoy. You’ll have unlimited opportunities to devise and build cutting-edge, world-class innovative search and discovery solutions that delight our passionate players.The role spans a variety of domains – search and personalization algorithms, big data engineering, machine learning/AI, distributed systems, search infrastructure engineering and analytics. If you enjoy innovation and working for an ever-growing global audience you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Engineering team.
Experienced: You have a relevant Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 5 or more years of hands-on experience.
Innovative and Creative: You have a solid grasp and understanding of algorithms, data structures and can propose and build creative solutions to challenging problems. You are constantly brimming with ideas on what to solve next.
A Search Champion: you have prowess and past experience in a multitude of search technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of building large-scale search systems better than anyone else.
Proficient: You are experienced and proficient in the following:
- Skilled programmer in Java, C#, Python etc.
- Comfortable with big data processing frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive, Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr etc.
- Experienced in building and running production machine-learning based systems.
- Working experience with public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in building production machine learning systems.
Team Player and Collaborative: You enjoy working with others. You enjoy and thrive in brainstorming ideas on whiteboard with a team of equally passionate people. You are prepared to wear multiple hats to serve the needs of the team and the organization.
- Help shape and build next generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Set standards and establish world-class engineering practices around design, architecture, testing, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
To apply for this job please visit corp.roblox.com.