We are looking for an experienced Relevance Engineer to join our team in Berlin. As a relevance engineer on search, you will contribute to build and maintain systems that empower our users to actively and easily discover SoundCloud’s huge and unique catalog. You will contribute to increase the search experience with respect to ranking, user assistance and user interface in order to enable listeners to find the most relevant and engaging content. We want people that come equipped with an open mind, creativity and a get-it-done attitude.
As engineers at SoundCloud, our work often involves large-scale distributed systems, parallel computing, and data science. We actively improve our tools and processes to support collaboration and productivity. We cultivate an environment where we can all learn and grow. For more, read about engineering at SoundCloud.
Who you are
- Industry experience working on search relevance and large scale data processing.
- In-depth understanding of search relevance ranking.
- Experienced in languages such as Scala, Java, Go or Python.
- Experienced with technologies, such as Elasticsearch, Kafka and data processing pipelines.
- Passionate about working with large amount of data to develop and evaluate data-driven products, striking a healthy balance between principled and pragmatic approaches to solve consumer use cases.
- Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical people (e.g. designers and product managers)
- Values teamwork, shares gained knowledge with teammates and brainstorm new ideas
If this describes you, we’d love to chat.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.soundcloud.com.