Machine learning is a key initiative for Overstock as we strive to help our customers find great deals on furniture, décor, and other items to make every home a dream home.
Search Sr Product Manager
Job Description Summary
Search is a crucial part of the customer’s journey to achieve a dream home. The Senior Product Manager (SPM) of Search is responsible for making sure that Overstock customers are served relevant and enticing product through the development and iteration of our various search systems. This SPM must be, technical, creative, analytical, and have strong cross-functional skills. This SPM is expected to assist with the growth of the company’s existing businesses as well as new initiatives. SPM should be comfortable working across: Engineering, Marketing, Merchandising, Project Management, and Design/UX.
- Ideate and develop new search products and experiences to enable product discovery
- Expected to lead the process of making recommendations and setting technical requirements for overall functionality, new initiatives and other enhancements.
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers and designers to define, design, and build features that delight users
- Understand the needs of users in order to prioritize new features and product enhancements for the development team
- Release early and often, getting feedback from users to help improve features
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the impact of features
- Define requirements and objectives for new features and projects. Collaborate with various departments and stakeholders to lead the design and definition of product features and to support implementation and execution.
- Oversee individual projects to ensure vision/goals are maintained through development.
- Measure product functionality and user acceptance – determining success, failure, and future improvements.
- Mentor and train Associate Product Managers.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Experience managing search and information retrieval features for a consumer-facing web property
- Understanding of relevance, ranking, and machine learning technologies and their application to user browsing and search features
- Solid data analysis experience, particularly dealing with large corpora of unstructured or semi-structured text; able to understand the evaluation and quality measurement needs of search systems at scale
- Experience owning recommendations or other relevance features
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (STEM preferred) or equivalent in relevant work experience
- 6+ years of product management experience within eCommerce.
- Passion for creative, resourceful problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate software projects with various engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams – work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Proficient in the Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills and experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
What We Offer:
401k (6% match)
Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership development Program, & Mentorship Program
Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
Overstock Women’s Network (OWN)
*Benefits vary based on location, position, tenure, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit overstock.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.