Website Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Enterprise Search team is looking for a Senior Applications System Engineer to join the team. This role will be responsible for executing processes and utilizing various tools and technologies to support search services such as Solr, Lucidworks Fusion AI and Sever, Nginx and a micro services enterprise architecture. This individual will be involved in providing strategic direction, research and promoting new trends and technologies, and communicating roadmaps to all levels of the organization and business customers. This role will have visibility across the organization and require building strong relationships with new and existing business customers.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Lead, participate, and provide operational guidance in the development of a high performing support tools
- Lead teams working with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Lead and build strong relationships with new and existing business customers
- Lead the design and collaborate with source system and business teams, Architects, Data Analysts, and developers to build scalable and performant search solutions.
- Provide direction and lead the development team to effectively work in a secure coding environment to maintain and develop high quality solutions
- Lead resource to work with Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators as appropriate in designing and developing the search infrastructure.
- Work with a variety of support groups to troubleshoot problems and optimize performance
- Utilize experience in search applications such as Solr, Lucene, Lucidworks, Elastic, or other related search solutions
- Execute environment management across all lanes and deliver ongoing search solution efforts for Development, UAT and Production environments
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
The Sr. ASE will be responsible for leading the support, direction, strategy, communication, execution, documentation, and development for Enterprise Search in support of new systems and/or applying to existing systems. The candidate will also lead development efforts with offshore development staff providing guidance, answer questions, and collaboration for direction and development.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Application production support experience
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Individual contributor and leader with high level of commitment to team goals and ability to complete work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to lead and build solid relationships with new and existing business customers
- Experience with git, GitHub, Jenkins, or related development build and deploy tools
- Expertise with Wells Fargo tools, applications and processes
- Experience in leading complex technology solutions with enterprise-wide deployment
- Understanding or knowledge of Artificial Intelligence principles
- Ability to interact effectively with a culturally and organizationally diverse team and customers
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.wellsfargojobs.com.