Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
Glassdoor is leading the industry in how jobs seekers are matched to a job and we are building state of the art algorithms to power personalized jobs search experience for 60+ Million unique users per month and growing.
You will manage a highly talented team of machine learning engineers and software architects using the latest open source technologies and frameworks such as Apache Solr, Spark, Tensor Flow, Cassandra to build our personalized Jobs search experience and provide unique insights optimized for scale and performance.
Join us if you are a technical leader with a deep understanding of machine learning techniques and experience implementing those models at large scale in real-world applications.
- Manage a team of machine learning engineers and software architects. Responsible for coaching, mentoring, providing career guidance and retaining this high function team.
- Work directly with stakeholders in Product and Engineering. Plan and prioritize quarterly roadmaps for the team. Coordinate cross-departmental projects and proactively drive projects and roadmap items to completion.
- Act as the point of contact for your assigned business domains. Can actively work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment with high expectations for quality.
- Lead daily standups, perform design reviews and provide architectural guidance when necessary. Execute sprints; groom and prioritize backlog using JIRA.
- Work with the team of engineers and data scientists to improve relevance ranking for job listings within search, and create machine learning models to personalize user’s job search experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets of talented engineers
- 5+ years of experience applying machine learning solutions to solve business problems
- Hands-on technical leader with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Capable of making sound decisions and bringing others on board with proposed solutions.
- Familiarity with search domain (Information retrieval, NLP, Solr/ Lucene or related tech) is required
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra, Redis is a big plus
- Experience with analyzing large data sets, using Hadoop, Spark or related technologies a plus
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- M.S. or above in Computer Science or a related field
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap; we’re committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap ‘checkup’
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.