About the team
The Search and Conversational AI Team owns the full search stack from auto complete to query understanding to retrieval and ranking. Our focus is to develop semantic and conversational search which can process natural language queries about real estate and assist users to find the best properties for their needs. We develop NLP, conversational and ranking platforms for search using state-of-the-art deep learning and LTR technologies.
About the role
The Senior Principal Machine Learning Engineer will design and build the next-generation search platform that will power search engines of Zillow Group. You will:
- Participate in the technical direction for search engines at Zillow Group. Guide applied scientists and engineers in building search systems
- Build machine learning models and systems in natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), semantic understanding, and intent classification
- Build real-time low-latency machine learning to rank platforms
- Enable applied scientists to iterate quickly and deploy NLP and learning to rank (LTR) machine learning models into production
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models to improve search relevance
- Provide guidance in developing highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning NLP methodologies
Who you are
- Proven track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years of experience building search engines
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, Natural Language Processing
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferred
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.