At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more.
In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, we also create our own original content exclusively for Scribd users.
Our community includes over 1M subscribers in more than 190 countries. Join us in turning screen time into quality time!
The Scribd product team is responsible for evolving how people discover and enjoy the written word. Ensuring that subscribers can easily find their next read (or listen) is critical to their happiness, and our success.
The Content Discovery team is looking for a driven, innovative, and experienced Product Management leader who can help our team leverage the latest in technology to improve our recommendations and search experiences. In this critical role, you will help define the future of reading and listening for a rapidly growing audience. We generate 600 million recommendations every month for over a million subscribers globally. To succeed, our service must connect our customers with the right choice of content over a broad set of books, audiobooks, podcasts, articles, documents, and sheet music. It’s a big challenge, with incredible opportunity for impact.
We are looking for a product leader who is comfortable using data to develop priorities and assess results while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs and wants.
- Inspire and influence the team by describing and then reinforcing the product strategy and goals.
- Lead the team through the process of developing hypotheses and bringing them to life through research, design, testing, measurement, and iteration.
- Be a key part of a dedicated agile team with engineers, data scientists, machine learning researchers, & project managers to deliver amazing service to our customers.
- Communicate the recommendations &/or search product strategy and the work of the team through regular presentations to senior executives and content partners.
- Work with your data science and analytics counterparts to build business cases and interpret AB test results.
- Work with UX & design partners to understand and empathize with the evolving needs of our subscribers and partners.
- Be responsible for the product roadmap for search &/or recommendations globally, including both subscriber & prospect experiences and across web & mobile platforms.
- The opportunity to make a big difference. Scribd is different from other subscription companies because of the breadth and depth of our content library. We have a unique opportunity to help our subscribers find and enjoy a wide variety of media through the use of both proven and cutting edge technology. In this role you would have incredible impact on one of the most central elements of our product.
- The chance to innovate. We’re breaking new ground with the use of machine learning and other data-driven projects, and you will collaborate with world-class technologists who are leading in their fields, determining together what is possible
- 7+ years experience in product development or technical product management with agile teams.
- 3+ years working with recommendations, search, AI or machine learning systems.
- Solid understanding of existing recommendations and search technologies and a drive to both learn and evangelize about future innovation in this space.
- Deep familiarity of quantitative research methods including AB testing and data analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsExperience in analytics, publishing, or media (preferred).
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills (preferred).
- Computer science degree, MBA, or equivalent (preferred).
We believe that an environment that includes a diversity of background, point-of-view, and experience will lead to a better experience for both our employees and our customers.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 60% of dependents.
• Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Catered meals – breakfast, lunch & dinner catered 5 days/week
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness benefit + free onsite gym
• Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
• Work Life Balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.