As a Product Manager for the Search team, you will be responsible for search platform capabilities and user experience across all Cornerstone products, supporting key discovery and selection workflows such as candidates finding and applying for jobs, employees discovering learning content to develop and upskill, and other meaningful moments in a user’s career journey. Specifically, in this role, you will plan and execute Cornerstone’s implementation of Elasticsearch on AWS, and work with UX Designers, other Product Managers, and Engineers to develop and evangelize best practices for utilizing the search framework you built-in constructing delightful, relevant search experiences.
The ideal candidate for this role understands that search is a universal concern in both engineering and experience design. Cornerstone’s search infrastructure and framework must be seamlessly high performing for queries broad and narrow, across a range of product domains, on every device type, for all user personas. You appreciate the need for Cornerstone’s search-related services to be standardized and highly adaptable and have the analytical problem-solving skills, work ethic, and attention to detail required to make that happen.
At the same time, you’re highly motivated, quick to learn the industry and competitive landscape, and know how to leverage your focus on customers to deliver exceptional experiences through a deep understanding of user intent. You aren’t just incrementally optimizing the current experience – instead, you’re constantly verifying that you’re solving the underlying customer challenges while keeping UX intuitive.
In this role you will …
The Search Product Manager is responsible for setting a product vision and strategy for the application’s Search infrastructure and framework and must work with UX and Engineering counterparts to define, prioritize and build what matters. They must also clearly articulate the business value to cross-functional teams, so they understand the intent behind the roadmap.
- Create and manage product vision and roadmap
- Define KPIs and success metrics
- Identify customer needs and market requirements
- Evaluate competitive landscape
- Create proposals for new initiatives
- Interface with and prioritize feature requests from internal stakeholders, prospects and customers
- Partner with Engineering to align on the roadmap and business priorities
The Search Product Manager is responsible for executing on the defined roadmap. Release responsibilities include:
- Discover and research business and customer needs
- Provide business justification and success metrics
- Design solutions in collaboration with UX and Engineering
- Create user stories and lead all Agile processes during the execution phase
- Provide best practice guidance and support to other projects looking to consume the Search framework
- Manage features and dependencies across release, product and support teams
- Be accountable for the quality of feature releases, including adoption and performance metrics, usability, reliability, and other pre-defined success metrics.
The Search Product Manager is responsible for making product decisions and will often be the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deep product and subject matter expertise is required. They will support cross-functional teams that help bring the product to market and work directly with customers, such as marketing, sales, training, and support services. They will also provide Product Managers and Engineers with best practices guidance on the Search framework so that each Cornerstone product provides an optimal search user experience and solution for its specific scenario.
- Facilitate sales and channel training
- Assist pre-sales with project requests
- Define and ensure implementation of go-to-market assets including demo environments, training materials, and presentations
- Demonstrate new pre-release features to internal stakeholders and external prospects and clients
- Interface directly with customers during support escalations
- Possess the depth of knowledge needed to make specific recommendations to other product managers and engineers on search framework usage, including document definition, query optimizations, etc.
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience working with search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, using data to guide decisions
- Great communication and interpersonal skills that help you build consensus among stakeholders and lead through influence rather than direct hierarchical authority
- Polished presentation skills for internal and external audiences
- The ability to prioritize and create a strategy based upon an understanding of market trends, financial data, customer needs, competitive intel, and product metrics
- At least a BA/BS degree
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…)
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization’s greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone’s HCM platform is successfully used by more than 42 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit cornerstone.csod.com.