The InnoPeak Technology is seeking a Senior Research Engineer to join our AI Research Team. You will be working on developing video understanding algorithms for mobile/embedded devices. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and transfer technologies into products for better serving our hundreds of millions of users.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct cutting-edge research that enables learning the semantics of data (video, images, text, audio, speech and other modalities).
- Develop algorithms and incubate products in the fields of video understanding for mobile/embedded devices.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones that can be applied to product development
- Collaborate with software engineering experts to build shipping industrial-strength codes
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or master’s degree with 3+ years of work experience in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- Strong research experience with tracked records in but not limited to the following areas:
– video understanding/classification,
– scene understanding,
– image/video aesthetic evaluation,
– event/motion detection and localization,
– video reframing
– multimodal ML in vision/audio/text etc.
- Familiarity with common deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, MxNet
- Phenomenal programming and debugging skills in Python, C++ and/or Java
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in multi-functional teams
- Publication in top-tier AI conference such (e.g CVPR/NIPS/ AAAI/ICML/ECCV etc.)
- Experience in deploying traditional and/or deep learning algorithms on mobile platforms
- Experience in quantization/acceleration for deep learning models
- Bilingual in both English and Chinese
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.