We’re looking for a passionate, skilled and driven Senior Software Engineer in Test to help us with building automation platform to test our crawl and search products. Our Search team owns the responsibility of crawling all jobs (US and International) and making it retrievable for applications to serve the jobs data. Search team also owns the quality and ranking of these jobs.
As an SDET in this team, you will own end-to-end test automation platform to help this team deliver high quality features, fast. You will also build a solution to support automated testing of machine learned components efficiently. By providing guidance on testing methodologies, you will help keep the entire team accountable for the quality of work released in our biweekly sprints. Finally, you will push new efficiencies with your team, from promoting test coverage to creating new tools and evangelizing automation best practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with various automation frameworks, a strong understanding of QA best practices, good understanding of core Java and a passion for quality.
In this role you work with a cross-functional, collaborative environment so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of testing large scale distributed platforms and building functional automation tests
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks
- Experience building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Programming experience with Java or other object oriented languages
- Knowledge of QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
This position is based out of our San Francisco, CA office which is located in the financial district.
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.