About the job
goPuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer’s immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build scalable solutions to help customers find the products they need as fast as possible using search and query suggestions. We want to transform the customer experience on our e-commerce application to anticipate customer needs in a personalized and timely way. In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of goPuff!
Your primary responsibility will be to continually create and improve cloud-native platforms as you add features critical to our customer experience. The right candidate will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with an empowered team. Success in this role will be measured by the team’s effective delivery of services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
- Promote and support goPuff Engineering’s culture of inclusion and diversity
- Participate in cross-functional projects in an agile environment
- Build, deploy, and maintain your own code
- Support standard development practices across your team, including idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business process
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 6-9 years of production experience
- Experience deploying elastic search in production and tracking performance
- Familiarity with relevance tuning, text analysis, and search indexing
- Experience with data engineering and data pipelines including SQL and NoSQL datastores
- Solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and runtime performance
- Ability write scalable and extensible systems
- Experience with learn-to-rank relevance models
- Experience with microservices and /or distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of web services (ex: REST and HTTP cache-semantics)
- Public cloud experience in a production setting (Azure preferred)
- Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in collaborative environments
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to goPuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers…the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gopuff.com.