Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Local Businesses are a major focus for Nextdoor in 2020 and beyond. As the neighborhood hub, we have a unique opportunity to foster meaningful connections between neighbors and the local businesses they love. Nextdoor will be the place that businesses introduce themselves, advertise special deals and events, and tell their story to their communities.
As part of this team, you will be playing a crucial role in defining, architecting, and building the systems and features that enable local businesses to join and participate in their Nextdoor communities. You will also be laying the groundwork for a huge part of Nextdoor’s business model in the coming years.
Responsibilities to The Team
- Design, implement and maintain our search infrastructure component/services such as indexing, query processing, and result ranking.
- Improve the relevance of search results
- Enhance the scalability, reliability, as well as resource efficiency of the entire search infrastructure.
- Stewarding technical standards and quality
- Interface with the product and other functional teams and their leadership
What You’ll Bring to The House
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in software development or a related field
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with Information Retrieval/Search
- Expertise with Elasticsearch/Solr/Lucene or any other search engine
- Proficiency with the big data processing platform: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc
- Proficiency with one object-oriented/object function scripting language: Python, Go, JAVA etc
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Experience with search engine performance optimization
- Familiarity with information Retrieval/NLP/Data Mining/Machine Learning.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.